United States Of America
Effective Date: June 1, 2015
At Back To Normal, LLC, we know that maintaining your trust requires that we protect your privacy – so we are very sensitive to the privacy concerns of those who use our websites, our pages and applications on third-party social-networking services, our emails, and our mobile applications (collectively, our “Sites”). We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this and other Back To Normal, LLC websites. We also employ reasonable technologies to help keep the personal information you provide on this site secure.
SECTION 1 – INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect information about you (and the computer or device you use to access our Site) in a variety of ways:
- You may directly provide information to us
- You may choose to allow a social networking service to share information with us
- We may gather other information when you visit our Site or other services, or when you view our online ads
- We may obtain additional information about you from other sources where permitted by law
More detail on each of these is immediately below.
You may choose to provide personal information (for example your name, address, telephone number and email address) on this or other Back To Normal, LLC websites, however not providing this may result in reduced functionality. Back To Normal, LLC’s usage of this information will be consistent with this Policy or the policy associated with the applicable Back To Normal, LLC site.
SECTION 2 – INFORMATION YOU DIRECTLY PROVIDE
When you participate in our offers or programs (or otherwise communicate with us), you may directly provide us with information, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Username or password
- Phone number
- Age or birthdate
- Demographic information
- Credit card or other payment information
- Marital status and number of children
- Contact information of family members or others
- Other information about you, your family, or others (such as interests or product preferences)
- Other information you affirmatively allow a third-party service (such as Facebook) to provide to us
SECTION 3– INFORMATION FROM SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services (such as Facebook or Twitter), we may receive personal information about you that you have made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our Site to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on our Site. Some social networking services also will facilitate your registration or log-in for our Site or enhance or personalize your experience on our Site. Your decision to use a social networking service will always be voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information social networking services may make available to our Site by visiting those services’ privacy policies.
SECTION 4 – INFORMATION WE GATHER WHEN YOU VISIT OUR SITES, OR WHEN YOU VIEW OUR ONLINE ADS
- Device type (such as desktop, tablet, or mobile device)
- Browser type (such as Internet Explorer)
- Operating system (such as Windows)
- IP address, MAC address, device ID, installed fonts, or similar information
- Websites or online services you visit before or after our Site
- Your interaction with our Site (such as the links you click and the pages and items you view)
- Whether you open or forward our emails or click on elements within these emails
Unless you disable the cookies, web beacons, or other technologies on our website, by using our website you agree to our use of those cookies, web beacons, or other technologies to collect your information.
SECTION 5 – INFORMATION WE MAY OBTAIN FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, other brands and groups within Back To Normal, LLC, data aggregators, and other commercially available sources. This information may include:
- Email address
- Social networking user IDs
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Demographic information
- Marital status and number and age of children
- Income level
- Purchasing behavior
- Interests, hobbies, and product preferences
- Interactions with media or advertising
- Publicly observable activities (such as blogs and online postings)
- Other information that has been collected by other brands or businesses within the Back To Normal, LLC family of companies
SECTION 6 – HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We use the information we collect (in combination with other information we or third-party service providers may have) to communicate with you regarding our products, services, and promotions, to provide you with other information, services, products, or other materials you request, to customize your interactive experience (including by providing you with relevant advertising on our Site and elsewhere), and/or to manage and improve our sites, products, and service offerings.
Some specific ways that we may use this information are as follows:
- To register you to receive emails or other information or materials you request
- To register you for a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion
- To register you to receive coupons, premiums, product samples, or other materials
- To create and manage your account as a user or member of our Site (or as someone who may post content to our Site)
- To provide you with services or offers you have requested
- To respond if you contact one of our Consumer Services Representatives
- To process your payment for purchases or other services and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities
- To better understand the audience for our sites and services
- To analyze how our products, services, and sites are accessed and used
- To help us develop new products, services, and sites
- To develop and deliver advertising and other communications more tailored to your interests
- To help us improve our advertising
- To provide investor services
- To evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment
- To provide security and protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality
We also may use personal information for other additional purposes. We will identify these additional purposes at the time of collection. We will not send you any email marketing communication unless you expressly consent to receive such a communication from us. And if you do sign up to receive these emails, you will always have the opportunity to “unsubscribe” from further email marketing messages from that Back To Normal, LLC brand or group.
SECTION 7 – SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 8 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our Site may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. For example:
- We may enable you to share certain materials on the Site with others through social networking services such as Facebook and Twitter.
One of the third parties that provides services on our Site is Google Like many websites, we use Google Analytics, a service that provides information about how many users visit our Site, when they visit, and how they navigate the Site once they are here. Google offers a browser add-on that enables users to opt-out of having data about their visits reported to websites by Google Analytics. More information about the add-on is here.
We also may use other Google Analytics tools, such as Demographics and Interest Reporting, which enables us to learn more about the characteristics and interests of the users who visit our Site, and Remarketing with Google Analytics, which enables us to provide relevant advertising on different websites and online services. You can opt out of having your data used for these additional Google Analytics tools by visiting this page and opting out of ads provided by Google.
Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Links to other sites
SECTION 9 – USER-GENERATED CONTENT AND PUBLIC PROFILE FEATURES
Our Site may, from time to time, contain interactive areas where Site users might submit comments or other content (including information about the user that might be displayed in the user’s public profile within an online community) that may be visible to others. Users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., name, email address, etc.) in content submitted for posting or publication, the information can be read and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties. We make no representations and undertake no obligations as to the security or use of information you voluntarily include when submitting content.
SECTION 10 – SEND-TO-A-FRIEND TOOLS
This Site may, from time to time, include a send-to-a-friend application that makes it easy for you to forward information or materials from our Site to friends or family by email. In order to address your email message, the application may ask you to input the recipient’s email address and/or similar information (including your email address). This information is used by the application to address your message so that it can be properly sent. We may temporarily maintain a log of this information for troubleshooting and fraud-prevention purposes. In the event that we are offering you some form of referral award for encouraging an action on the part of the recipient (for example, if you are to earn a reward if the recipient chooses to register for one of our offerings after receiving the email from you), we may also retain the information as necessary to establish that the referral award was earned.
SECTION 11 – SECURITY FOR CREDIT CARD DATA AND TRANSACTION INFORMATION
We are committed to keeping your online transactions safe and secure. For example, in order to reasonably assure the privacy and security of your credit card data when making an order, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology and stored with a AES-256 encryption. SSL uses encryption technology to create a secure connection between your computer and ours. We have also put procedures in place to safeguard other information we collect from you. Please note, however, that we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information you provide online; you provide it at your own risk.
SECTION 13 – GENERAL DESCRIPTIONS OF “COOKIES” AND “WEB BEACONS”
“Cookies” are small files that are placed on your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies may be used to store a unique identification number tied to your computer or device so that you can be recognized as the same user across one or more browsing sessions, and across one or more sites.
Some cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secured areas. Other cookies collect information about how visitors use the Site (for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages). When combined with information collected when you register on a website, cookies allow us to welcome you back to the site or otherwise provide enhanced, more personal features. Cookies may also be used on our behalf by third parties managing our advertising on other websites to enable us to learn which advertisements bring visitors to our sites and to otherwise improve or target our online advertising.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to do so or to notify the user when a cookie is being sent. If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how to disable cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features on our Site.
“Web beacons” and similar technologies are tiny or transparent images that, for example, allow us and third parties to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page or to access certain cookies. When you access a page containing a beacon, you establish a communication with a web server, which collects certain information about your computer or device. This information may include your IP address, browser type, operating system type, and identifiers that have been stored in cookies. We may use beacons on our sites to count the number of visitors to our sites and to recognize users by accessing unique identifiers stored in cookies that we have set on their computers or devices. Being able to access these identifiers enables us to provide a personalized experience on our sites. We may also include beacons in advertisements or in email messages to determine how these are acted on.
SECTION 14 – COOKIES USED FOR ONLINE BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING – AND YOUR CHOICE TO OPT OUT
SECTION 15 – OTHER USES OF LOCAL STOAGE AND UNIQUE IDENTIFIERS
We (and the third parties that provide content, advertising, or functionality on our sites) may also use other kinds of local storage technologies that operate similarly to cookies, such as local shared objects (also known as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage. These technologies are similar to cookies in that they make use of storage on your device for the purpose of identifying the device across different services and sessions. Please note, however, that these technologies may make use of different parts of your device from cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. For information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please click here.
SECTION 16 – HOW WE MAY SHARE THE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We may share the information we collect with the following types of entities:
- Affiliates. We may share information within Back To Normal, LLC among our various businesses, and within our family of affiliated companies.
- Service Providers. We may share information – including information that personally identifies you – with companies that we have retained to provide services on our behalf. These parties may use the information solely in conjunction with the specific services they provide for us. Some service providers may be involved in administering or supplementing our databases and will need to have access to your information in order to do so. For example, we may retain a third party to verify the accuracy of information within our databases or to gather additional information about individuals within our databases from commercially available sources. As another example, we may provide information from our databases to third parties who help us target specific advertising communications to you when you visit other sites.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Users and Services. We also may disclose information – including information that personally identifies you – to third parties in order to:
- Protect our legal rights, as well as the rights of the users of our Site or others
- Protect the safety and security of the Site, its users, or others
- Prevent fraud
- Comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required.
- Other Parties in Connection with a Corporate Transaction. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy. Outside this context, we will not sell any lists of consumer contact information to unaffiliated companies for their marketing purposes.
SECTION 17 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
SECTION 18 – CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen. We do not knowingly request any information from children under thirteen at this Site or other Back To Normal, LLC sites. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen, we will delete the information from our records. We also recommend that parents monitor their children’s Internet activities and learn and employ software or other tools that can help their children enjoy the fun and entertainment of an online experience without compromising their personal safety or allowing them to use the Internet in a manner inconsistent with their parents’ preferences.
SECTION 19 – UNITED STATES ONLY
This Site is intended for use by residents of the United States of America only. All matters relating to this Site are governed by the laws of the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States and that by submitting information you explicitly authorize this transfer and the processing of this information within the United States.
SECTION 21 – YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
You always have the right to review and update the information that you previously provided to us at this Site. You may contact us as described immediately below in order to arrange this or to ask us to remove you from our list of email addresses to which we send email newsletters. All of our email newsletters also contain an “unsubscribe” link that you can click through to unsubscribe from future emails from that Back To Normal, LLC brand or group.
SECTION 22 – CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Annually California residents may request and obtain information that Back To Normal, LLC shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year (as defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law”). If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which Back To Normal, LLC shared this information in the immediately preceding calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to Compliance@backtonormal.co with “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the subject line as well as in the body of your message. We will then respond to that email address with the requested information.
SECTION 23 – DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS AND SIMILAR MECHANISMS
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. Back To Normal, LLC currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established and accepted, Back To Normal, LLC may revisit its policy on responding to these signals.
If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to provide services to you.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Privacy Compliance Officer
c/o Back To Normal, LLC,
410 S. Rampart Blvd., Ste 390
Las Vegas, Nevada 89145
Weekdays from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
Thank you for visiting our site.